Support Services Specialist
Friday, Sep 9, 2022 11:30 am
The Support Services Specialist is a versatile resource providing sales, training, project, reporting, and limited technical support to customers, VSP sales, and all other VSP departments.
- Frequent compilation, extraction, analysis, and reporting of data relative to projects, products, reports, bids, and other sales-related initiatives.
- Possibility of direct management of new contract accounts or product launches during the implementation period to ensure a smooth rollout.
- Prepare new business opportunity documents including RFI’s, programs, and other contract-related documents and procedures.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned, large spreadsheet quotes which include databasing, costing, assigning part numbers and descriptions, MAS500 linking, and any other related functions.
- Actively participate in new ventures at the request of the Support Services Supervisor, including new product development, product onboarding, and acquisition onboarding.
- Assists and contributes to the team’s identification of cost-saving opportunities, communicating with Sales, as needed.
- Develop training and reference documents regarding the implementation of new programs and contract accounts.
- Work closely with corporate administration and operations management to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations.
- Converse fluently regarding VSP programs to both internal employees and external customers.
- Project a favorable image of the company to promote, foster, and enhance public recognition of the company and its products and services.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
Required Experience / Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Advanced MS Excel skills; must include the following topics (excludes VBA):
a. LOOKUP functions
c. Charts and tables
d. Conditional formatting
e. Sort and filters
f. Data trends
- Experience and/or training related to job functions
Preferred Experience / Education
- 2-4-year college degree preferred in business or related field
- Contract and program implementation and support experience