Kitting Technician, Prince George, VA
Tuesday, Apr 6, 2021 2:32 pm
The Kitting Technician performs tasks involved in the company’s O-ring and specialty components receiving, packaging, and kitting operations through the coordination and participation of activities that are consistent with established policies, goals, and objectives.
- Coordinate with the Production Manager – Specialty Kitting regarding planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout the company’s O-ring and specialty component operations.
- Receive, document, and fulfill orders in accordance with sales order processing procedures.
- Abide by VSP’s zero-tolerance quality standard regarding kitting procedures.
- Attach appropriate labels, tags, and information to products, kits, and packages, ensuring that all products are properly and accurately labeled.
- Assist with random sampling of components in accordance with the Acceptable Quality Limit (AQL) regarding compound, sizing, and durometer.
- Assist with the receiving, including inbound inspection, and adjustment of components in Sage.
- Package and ship finished goods in accordance with shipping procedures.
- Provide accurate delivery and shipment tracking information to both VSP personnel and customers.
- Operate a fork truck and/or hand truck to move material within the facility.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition that follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Project a favorable image of the company to promote, foster, and enhance public recognition of the company and its products and services.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
Required Experience / Education
- Customer/client focus
- Strategic thinking
- Problem solving/analysis
- Technical capacity
- Decision making
- Results driven
- Communication proficiency
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Team player
- Proficient in the use of email and MS Excel
- Proficient in basic arithmetic functions
Preferred Experience / Education
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Manufacturing, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma, Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Customer service experience in manufacturing and/or sales preferred